It is a service that specializes in the comprehensive rehabilitation of patients who have recently suffered a angina pectoris, cardiac infarction, etc. , and are in a process of temporary disability (sick leave).
This Unit reduces a number of permanent disabilities caused by coronary artery disease, and improves the quality of life for these patients.
It´s also possible to achieve:
- Maximum recovering of functional capacity, through a physical training program controlled.
- Controlling cardiovascular risk factors through a clinical follow-up of the same.
- Reduce the period of convalescence.
- Personal, social and occupational rehabilitation of the patient, using psychological techniques to help overcome the disease and its associated complications, such as depression.
- Reduce the mortality rate associated with new cardiac events.